There is more than one way to fix a tooth. If you are the fortunate owner of perfectly healthy teeth, you may never need any of these procedures. However, if you are like most, you will need to restore a tooth eventually. Today’s post looks at five cosmetic dentistry options from Jeff Gray DDS | Espire Dental in La Mesa CA that are routinely used to repair a damaged tooth:
- Porcelain Veneers: These wafer-thin covers can hide a chip or crack or fix the alignment of a tooth that is slightly crooked. Dental veneers are quickly becoming one of our most popular services.
- Fillings: A traditional filling is shaped and molded after it is applied to the tooth. Because inlays and onlays are produced in a dental lab, they are generally called indirect fillings. Inlays are applied to just the center of the biting surface of a tooth (not to a cusp or point) and are ordinarily smaller than onlays. An onlay restores one or more cusps of a tooth. If you have old silver amalgam fillings, you can replace them with white fillings.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns and bridges can help redefine the shape of your mouth and repair any inconsistencies on misshapen or cracked teeth. A crown replaces the entire visible portion of the tooth, restoring appearance, stability, and function. They can be made of all metal (such as gold), porcelain-fused-to-metal, all ceramic, or all resin.
- Dental Implants: A permanent dental implant is often a great restoration for a tooth that has been extracted. It revitalizes the entire tooth—both root and crown. Most dental implant recipients report that the implant is indistinguishable from a natural tooth. Dental implants are used in a variety of applications, such as anchoring dentures and dental bridges.
- Dentures: At our practice, we offer customized, permanent dentures, so you can avoid uncomfortable, loose fitting teeth.
For more specifics on any of these procedures, contact Jeff Gray DDS | Espire Dental in La Mesa CA. Patients from San Diego, Alpine, El Cajon, and Santee also come to us for general and restorative dentistry. Request an appointment today!
Contact Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):